Friday, May 30, 2008

Learning to sort

2 Chron. 20:15b

Be not afraid nor dismayed by reason of this great multitude; for the battle is not yours, but God's.

Today I am holding three prayers next to each other, one being an entreaty that Jesus makes of us, and two being entreaties that we make of Jesus:
  • Take my yoke upon you and learn from me.... For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. (Mt 11:29-30)

  • Let me be employed for you, or laid aside for you. (From the Methodist Covenant Prayer)

  • God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference. (From the Serenity Prayer)
What is mine to do today? What is not mine to do today?

Jesus, please help me to see more clearly those things you are calling me to do; give me the will and the courage and the energy to do those things; help me to let go of false guilt about things that are not mine to do.

Help me to learn from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment